Synonyms for accumulative
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : uh-kyoo-myuh-ley-tiv, -luh-tiv|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈkyu myəˌleɪ tɪv, -lə tɪv|
Définition of accumulative
- adj increasing by additions
- The progressive force is accumulative, the resisting force is constant.
- Extract from : « Evolution » by Joseph Le Conte
- Next: ‘Aia’ is generally an accumulative yet depreciative termination.
- Extract from : « The Browning Cyclopdia » by Edward Berdoe
- How well this practical horticulturist appreciates and illustrates the gradual and accumulative force of selection!
- Extract from : « The Variation of Animals and Plants Under Domestication, Volume II (of 2) » by Charles Darwin
- The result is a sort of accumulative lie, made by successive individual contributions of little dashes of exaggeration.
- Extract from : « The Man Who Pleases and the Woman Who Charms » by John A. Cone
- The accumulative forces of centuries are pressing hard upon time present.
- Extract from : « The Lost Ten Tribes, and 1882 » by Joseph Wild
- Labor, progressive and accumulative force, bearing interest like capital, in faculties as in results.
- Extract from : « Baudelaire: His Prose and Poetry » by Charles Baudelaire
- Accumulative evidence pointed to a likelihood that someone was hiding in the building.
- Extract from : « The Secret Pact » by Mildred A. Wirt
- It is merely a destructive and dispersive instead of a constructive and accumulative industrialism.
- Extract from : « War and the Future » by H. G. Wells
- Darwin assumed an accumulative influence of external causes in the case of the production of new varieties or species.
- Extract from : « Darwin and Modern Science » by A.C. Seward and Others
- The triumph was accumulative, and it was crowned by the tent-scene, the battle, and the death.
- Extract from : « Their Majesties' Servants (Volume 3 of 3) » by John Doran
Words or expressions associated with your search
- accurate knowledge
- accustomed to
- be inaccurate
- in accuracies
- in accuracy
- in accurate
- in accurately
- un accustomed
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019