Synonyms for accumulating
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : uh-kyoo-myuh-leyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈkyu myəˌleɪt|
Top 10 synonyms for accumulating Other synonyms for the word accumulating
- bring together
- clean up
- draw together
- heap together
- load up
- make a bundle
- make a killing
- pile up
- rack up
- roll up
- round up
- scare up
- stack up
- store up
Définition of accumulatingOrigin :
- 1520s, from Latin accumulatus, past participle of accumulare "to heap up" (see accumulation). Related: Accumulated; accumulating.
- verb gather or amass something
- I watch them accumulating just as I watch the waves of the sea.
- Extract from : « My Double Life » by Sarah Bernhardt
- She fancied every man a seducer, and every hour an hour of accumulating peril!
- Extract from : « Beaux and Belles of England » by Mary Robinson
- All kinds of impressions, you see, had been accumulating, and they thronged like phantoms about me.
- Extract from : « The Best Short Stories of 1915 » by Various
- Some of those who are with us, and yet not of us, are accumulating wealth.
- Extract from : « Broken Bread » by Thomas Champness
- There it goes on accumulating as a result of industry; but what then?
- Extract from : « Chambers's Edinburgh Journal, No. 460 » by Various
- What I have set aside as your share is untouched, and has been accumulating all these years.
- Extract from : « The Watchers of the Plains » by Ridgewell Cullum
- The smouldering passion that had been accumulating for weeks boiled up.
- Extract from : « The Fighting Edge » by William MacLeod Raine
- Don't let the injury to Her and the weight on my conscience go on accumulating.
- Extract from : « A Pessimist » by Robert Timsol
- It is for you and our only child that I am accumulating a fortune.
- Extract from : « Rich Enough » by Hannah Farnham Sawyer Lee
- Freeman daily asseverated that "they" were accumulating the stock.
- Extract from : « The Tipster » by Edwin Lefevre
Antonyms for accumulating
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019