This dictionary of antonyms allows you to find all the opposites of a word in the English language. Enter the term of your choice in the search bar above and get a list of antonyms in one click! The best site to find all the antonyms of a word.
Most popular antonyms
Definition of the day : « Friendly »
- adj intimate, companionable
- Have you not of late struggled against the warnings of this friendly spirit?
- Extract from : « Philothea » by Lydia Maria Child
- A portly burgher was he, friendly of tongue and free of purse.
- Extract from : « The Armourer's Prentices » by Charlotte M. Yonge
- The old man was looking at her with frank and friendly apology for his intrusion.
- Extract from : « The Spenders » by Harry Leon Wilson
- The natives met with were friendly, but to us altogether unintelligible.
- Extract from : « Explorations in Australia » by John Forrest
- If I can hear his friendly voice, and know he is not heavy-burthened, I am happy.
- Extract from : « Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine, No. 327 » by Various
- I will go out of my way to caress one who shows any desire to be friendly.
- Extract from : « Ballads of a Bohemian » by Robert W. Service
- She was nice and friendly to us to-day, and I'm willin' to trust her to-morrow.
- Extract from : « Ester Ried Yet Speaking » by Isabella Alden
- His brother was there, listening to the comments of O'Hara, his friendly rival.
- Extract from : « K » by Mary Roberts Rinehart
- The men had been afraid that the God of the Corn would not be friendly to us.
- Extract from : « The Trail Book » by Mary Austin
- Catching sight of Yates, he winked at him in a friendly sort of way.
- Extract from : « In the Midst of Alarms » by Robert Barr