This dictionary of antonyms allows you to find all the opposites of a word in the English language. Enter the term of your choice in the search bar above and get a list of antonyms in one click! The best site to find all the antonyms of a word.
Most popular antonyms
Definition of the day : « generous »
- adj giving, big-hearted
- adj plentiful
- He looked absently at the sandwich, and bit a generous semicircle into it.
- Extract from : « The Spenders » by Harry Leon Wilson
- The offer was thankfully accepted, and the generous merchant was as good as his word.
- Extract from : « Brave and Bold » by Horatio Alger
- But he was a generous man and all meanness of spirit was foreign to his soul.
- Extract from : « Ancient Man » by Hendrik Willem van Loon
- She made no complaint of him, and even spoke of him as generous.
- Extract from : « Malbone » by Thomas Wentworth Higginson
- They take not, I own, the right method with so generous a spirit.
- Extract from : « Clarissa, Volume 1 (of 9) » by Samuel Richardson
- He was resolved to treat this subject upon large and generous principles.
- Extract from : « The Grand Old Man » by Richard B. Cook
- A new respect for him, also a new pity that was generous and not contemptuous, crept into his heart.
- Extract from : « Viviette » by William J. Locke
- He engaged me by the six months, and my entertainment was generous.
- Extract from : « To be Read at Dusk » by Charles Dickens
- With this new evidence of his generous virtue, the frown passed from his brows.
- Extract from : « Within the Law » by Marvin Dana
- The generous "twinge of pain," to which she confesses, was intelligible.
- Extract from : « De Libris: Prose and Verse » by Austin Dobson