Synonyms for aggregate
|Grammar : Adj, noun, verb|
|Spell : adjective, noun ag-ri-git, -geyt; verb ag-ri-geyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : adjective, noun ˈæg rɪ gɪt, -ˌgeɪt; verb ˈæg rɪˌgeɪt|
Top 10 synonyms for aggregate
- add up
- the works
- whole ball of wax
- whole enchilada
- whole schmear
- whole shooting match
Définition of aggregateOrigin :
- c.1400, from Latin aggregatus "associated," literally "united in a flock," past participle of aggregare "add to (a flock), lead to a flock, bring together (in a flock)," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + gregare "herd" (see gregarious).
- adj forming a collection from separate parts
- noun collection
- verb combine into a collection
- Total: Sixteen fish; aggregate weight, one hundred and forty pounds.
- Extract from : « American Notes » by Rudyard Kipling
- I have observed that the aggregate procession was on the whole pleasant to see.
- Extract from : « The Uncommercial Traveller » by Charles Dickens
- But in the aggregate, also like marriage, there is no doubt of its value.
- Extract from : « Commercialism and Journalism » by Hamilton Holt
- We thus form an aggregate (of institutions, of groups of men, of events).
- Extract from : « Introduction to the Study of History » by Charles V. Langlois
- The aggregate amount of these notes was fifty thousand livres.
- Extract from : « The Coinages of the Channel Islands » by B. Lowsley
- And is our happiness anything but an aggregate of these grains of pleasure?
- Extract from : « Arthur O'Leary » by Charles James Lever
- There were fourteen Caxtons, 'the aggregate produce' of which was £3 14s.
- Extract from : « The Book-Hunter in London » by William Roberts
- They send to Marquette an aggregate of one thousand tons per week.
- Extract from : « Old Mackinaw » by W. P. Strickland.
- Of these last there were instances amounting in the aggregate to a small host.
- Extract from : « From Place to Place » by Irvin S. Cobb
- The aggregate of circumstances outweighed the isolated cause.
- Extract from : « Tancred » by Benjamin Disraeli
Antonyms for aggregate
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019