Synonyms for accumulation
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-kyoo-myuh-ley-shuh n|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˌkyu myəˈleɪ ʃən|
Top 10 synonyms for accumulation Other synonyms for the word accumulation
Définition of accumulationOrigin :
- late 15c., from Latin accumulationem (nominative accumulatio) "a heaping up," noun of action from past participle stem of accumulare "to heap up, amass," from ad- "in addition" (see ad-) + cumulare "heap up," from cumulus "heap" (see cumulus).
- noun gathering or amassing
- It has been the accumulation of years, and was intended as a provision for you and Robert.
- Extract from : « Brave and Bold » by Horatio Alger
- You'll get an accumulation on your ship that will shoot off like lightning—millions of volts!
- Extract from : « The Hammer of Thor » by Charles Willard Diffin
- With them was a bundle of newspapers and an accumulation of mail matter.
- Extract from : « The Woman-Haters » by Joseph C. Lincoln
- This place is remarkable for the accumulation of Aztec and Spanish antiquities.
- Extract from : « Aztec Land » by Maturin M. Ballou
- History fills up some of its gaps by an accumulation of reasonings.
- Extract from : « Introduction to the Study of History » by Charles V. Langlois
- Hil found an accumulation of letters and invitations waiting her arrival.
- Extract from : « Australia Revenged » by Boomerang
- His fingers struck an accumulation of rubbish that had been tossed into the corner.
- Extract from : « The Whispering Spheres » by Russell Robert Winterbotham
- Hallock was evidently relieving an accumulation of irritation.
- Extract from : « The Forbidden Trail » by Honor Willsie
- It is the duty of government to encourage the accumulation of the savings of industry.
- Extract from : « An Essay on Professional Ethics » by George Sharswood
- They contain alkalies which help to lessen the accumulation of uric acid.
- Extract from : « No Animal Food » by Rupert H. Wheldon
Antonyms for accumulation
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019