Synonyms for accumulate
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : uh-kyoo-myuh-leyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈkyu myəˌleɪt|
Top 10 synonyms for accumulate Other synonyms for the word accumulate
- bring together
- clean up
- draw together
- heap together
- load up
- make a bundle
- make a killing
- pile up
- rack up
- roll up
- round up
- scare up
- stack up
- store up
Définition of accumulateOrigin :
- 1520s, from Latin accumulatus, past participle of accumulare "to heap up" (see accumulation). Related: Accumulated; accumulating.
- verb gather or amass something
- The painter can accumulate ugliness, but I do not remember a demon worth the name.
- Extract from : « Weighed and Wanting » by George MacDonald
- It would be easy as well as instructive to accumulate examples.
- Extract from : « The Truth About Woman » by C. Gasquoine Hartley
- Upon the funeral pile they accumulate neither apparel nor perfumes.
- Extract from : « Tacitus on Germany » by Tacitus
- From time to time it cleans out the dirt and rubbish which accumulate in the hole.
- Extract from : « The Industries of Animals » by Frdric Houssay
- The “something” proved to be £2500, which was to accumulate in the hands of trustees.
- Extract from : « The Way of All Flesh » by Samuel Butler
- Then you began to take part in local politics and to accumulate ambitions.
- Extract from : « Jack O' Judgment » by Edgar Wallace
- "Then the money must accumulate interest until there is," I said.
- Extract from : « Punch or the London Charivari, September 9, 1914 » by Various
- If we could accumulate and retain electricity we would have power.
- Extract from : « True to His Home » by Hezekiah Butterworth
- Aye; accumulate a store of our own ready for the day we want them?
- Extract from : « Two Daring Young Patriots » by W. P. Shervill
- In those years you will watch over him and accumulate the funds that will be needed.
- Extract from : « The Short Life » by Francis Donovan
Antonyms for accumulate
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019