Synonyms for additive
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ad-i-tiv|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈæd ɪ tɪv|
Définition of additiveOrigin :
- 1690s, "tending to be added," from Latin additivus "added, annexed," from past participle stem of addere (see addition).
- noun added ingredient
- These quantities are additive for years after 1800, and subtractive for years before that epoch.
- Extract from : « Astrology » by Sepharial
- The first number should be additive, the second subtractive, etc.
- Extract from : « Visual Signaling » by Signal Corps United States Army
- The additive was relaxation and his world was to be as commonplace as the hearth.
- Extract from : « The Land of Look Behind » by Paul Cameron Brown
- The relationships are not arithmetical, additive, mechanical, but are vital and organic.
- Extract from : « The Value of Money » by Benjamin M. Anderson, Jr.
- The additive and subtractive methods are chiefly involved, but there is another method which is an "averaging" additive one.
- Extract from : « Artificial Light » by M. Luckiesh
- It is, however, better to employ the additive effect of a definite number of feeble make-and-break shocks.
- Extract from : « Life Movements in Plants » by Sir Jagadis Chunder Bose
- By a most remarkable coincidence, the Egyptians, as the Mayas, considered these additive five days unlucky.
- Extract from : « Vestiges of the Mayas » by Augustus Le Plongeon
- When the attached thermometer reads below 28, the correction is additive.
- Extract from : « Practical Exercises in Elementary Meteorology » by Robert DeCourcy Ward
- Conversely, indefinite integrals are indeterminate to the extent of an additive constant.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 14, Slice 5 » by Various
- Bearing in mind the additive effects of stimulus we see that its effective intensity increases with the duration of application.
- Extract from : « Life Movements in Plants, Volume II, 1919 » by Sir Jagadis Chunder Bose
Words or expressions associated with your search
- adding machine
- adding on
- adding ones name to
- adding to
- adding tos
- adding up
- additional benefit
- additional compensation
- additional materiel
- alcohol addiction
- alcoholic addiction
- drug addict
- in addition
- in addition to
- madding for
- narcotics addict
- significant addition
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019