Synonyms for additions
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-dish-uhn|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈdɪʃ ən|
Top 10 synonyms for additions Other synonyms for the word additions
Définition of additionsOrigin :
- late 14c., "action of adding numbers;" c.1400, "that which is added," from Old French adition "increase, augmentation" (13c.), from Latin additionem (nominative additio) "an adding to, addition," noun of action from past participle stem of addere (see add). Phrase in addition to "also" is from 1681.
- noun process of conjoining, adding
- noun something conjoined to or enlargement of something
- noun arithmetical process of augmentation
- In transcribing it I have made some changes, additions, and omissions.
- Extract from : « The Works of Whittier, Volume IV (of VII) » by John Greenleaf Whittier
- And, with additions, the nephew repeated the benediction of the uncle.
- Extract from : « Jennie Baxter, Journalist » by Robert Barr
- The men composing these additions were from Bavaria, Saxony, and Baden.
- Extract from : « The Story of the Great War, Volume III (of VIII) » by Various
- At last all the additions were centralised and the definite result proclaimed.
- Extract from : « His Masterpiece » by Emile Zola
- They are additions to the stock of authentic Apician recipes.
- Extract from : « Cooking and Dining in Imperial Rome » by Apicius
- They were his by the grace of God; but the others, he felt, were his own additions, and of the best.
- Extract from : « Love and Lucy » by Maurice Henry Hewlett
- Several alterations and additions have been made in the present edition.
- Extract from : « Histology of the Blood » by Paul Ehrlich
- In practice I always keep the affair set up with these additions.
- Extract from : « On Laboratory Arts » by Richard Threlfall
- A few desirable modifications or additions to these rules may be suggested.
- Extract from : « A Book for All Readers » by Ainsworth Rand Spofford
- Some additions have been made almost every year since the book was published.
- Extract from : « Agriculture for Beginners » by Charles William Burkett
Antonyms for additions
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019