Synonyms for accessory
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ak-ses-uh-ree|
|Phonetic Transcription : ækˈsɛs ə ri|
Top 10 synonyms for accessory Other synonyms for the word accessory
Définition of accessoryOrigin :
- also accessary, early 15c. as a legal term in the criminal sense of "one aiding in a crime;" also "that which is subordinate to something else," from Late Latin accessorius, from accessor, agent noun from accedere (see access (n.)). Attested from 1896 as "woman's smaller articles of dress," hence accessorize.
- noun ornament; accompanying item; supplementary part
- noun person peripherally involved in illegal activity
- It censured Mrs. McKee severely for having been, so to speak, and accessory after the fact.
- Extract from : « K » by Mary Roberts Rinehart
- It is always more or less a question of "an accessory business."
- Extract from : « The Sexual Question » by August Forel
- The pages of history record its undoing and its accessory to crime.
- Extract from : « The Mushroom, Edible and Otherwise » by M. E. Hard
- Don't you think your friend might be held an accessory after the fact to the death of the German?
- Extract from : « Masterpieces of Mystery » by Various
- If Reid should fall, Mackenzie felt he would be an accessory to the crime.
- Extract from : « The Flockmaster of Poison Creek » by George W. Ogden
- There is such a thing as being an accessory to crime by concealment.
- Extract from : « Oswald Langdon » by Carson Jay Lee
- Accessory carinae: in Orthoptera the lateral carinae of the face.
- Extract from : « Explanation of Terms Used in Entomology » by John. B. Smith
- The warping-bars are entirely detached from the loom, are an accessory, not a part of it.
- Extract from : « Home Life in Colonial Days » by Alice Morse Earle
- Teddy knows all about us—accessory before, during and after the fact.
- Extract from : « Masters of Space » by Edward Elmer Smith
- Stated in technical terms, the order is from fundamental to accessory.
- Extract from : « The Mind and Its Education » by George Herbert Betts
Antonyms for accessory
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019