Synonyms for accomplice
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-kom-plis|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈkɒm plɪs|
Top 10 synonyms for accomplice Other synonyms for the word accomplice
Définition of accompliceOrigin :
- 1580s (earlier complice, late 15c.), from Old French complice "a confederate," from Late Latin complicem (nominative complex) "partner, confederate," from Latin complicare "fold together" (see complicate). With parasitic a- on model of accomplish, etc., or perhaps by assimilation of indefinite article in phrase a complice.
- noun helper, especially in committing a crime
- The physician's accomplice, undertaker's benefactor and grave worm's provider.
- Extract from : « The Devil's Dictionary » by Ambrose Bierce
- She might be an accomplice, but she must have had a principal—and who could that principal be?
- Extract from : « Tales And Novels, Volume 8 (of 10) » by Maria Edgeworth
- The cornet hesitated for a little, and then told his uncle the name of his accomplice.
- Extract from : « Henry Dunbar » by M. E. Braddon
- As he had said, the idea of having an accomplice relieved him.
- Extract from : « Therese Raquin » by Emile Zola
- I was going to bring trouble and disgrace upon you also as my comrade and accomplice.
- Extract from : « The Christian » by Hall Caine
- The witness remembered how at the inquiry the defendant Ray had defended his accomplice.
- Extract from : « The Shadow of a Crime » by Hall Caine
- But if he had no accomplice, who were the two men who watched the destruction of La Liberté?
- Extract from : « The Destroyer » by Burton Egbert Stevenson
- I know enough of law to understand that Mary would be had as accomplice.
- Extract from : « The Return of Sherlock Holmes » by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Nay, I believe I must share in the crime and the penalty, for I was an accomplice throughout.
- Extract from : « The Pioneers » by James Fenimore Cooper
- The first wife who bore my name was my accomplice, the second was a poisoner.
- Extract from : « The Son of Monte-Cristo, Volume I (of 2) » by Alexandre Dumas pre
Antonyms for accomplice
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019