Synonyms for addicting
|Grammar : Adj, verb|
|Spell : noun ad-ikt; verb uh-dikt|
|Phonetic Transcription : noun ˈæd ɪkt; verb əˈdɪkt|
Top 10 synonyms for addicting Other synonyms for the word addicting
- break in
- make used to
- take to
Définition of addictingOrigin :
- 1909, in reference to morphine, from addict (v.).
- As in habitual : adj usual, established
- As in habituate : verb prepare, accustom
- But he resisted it with great courage, addicting himself more than ever to the hardy exercises of the camp.
- Extract from : « Memoirs of the Dukes of Urbino, Volume I (of 3) » by James Dennistoun
- In one point of view he committed a great error in addicting himself to the drama.
- Extract from : « The Age of Dryden » by Richard Garnett
- An aged hermit named Sergius dwelt in the wilds of Arabia, addicting himself to the pursuit of religion and alchemy.
- Extract from : « The Twilight of the Gods, and Other Tales » by Richard Garnett
- Economists have of late been reproached with addicting themselves too much to the study of Wealth.
- Extract from : « Harmonies of Political Economy » by Frdric Bastiat
Antonyms for addicting
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019