Synonyms for familiarize
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : fuh-mil-yuh-rahyz|
|Phonetic Transcription : fəˈmɪl yəˌraɪz|
Top 10 synonyms for familiarize Other synonyms for the word familiarize
- awaken to
- become adept in
- become aware of
- break the ice
- bring into use
- check out
- come to know
- gain friendship
- get in
- get lay of land
- get lowdown on
- get to know
- get together
- get with it
- let down hair
- let know
- let next to
- make conversant
- make used to
- put on to
- tip off
Définition of familiarizeOrigin :
- c.1600, "to make well known," from familiar + -ize. Related: Familiarized; familiarizing.
- verb make or become acquainted with, knowledgeable about
- These are some of the devices by which Plato, like a modern novelist, seeks to familiarize the marvellous.
- Extract from : « Statesman » by Plato
- A study of the figures will familiarize our readers with the principal forms.
- Extract from : « Our Common Insects » by Alpheus Spring Packard
- Not only can they familiarize themselves with the past, they are able to keep up with the present.
- Extract from : « The Pianolist » by Gustav Kobb
- Can you familiarize me with the most direct course to a physician?
- Extract from : « The Funny Side of Physic » by A. D. Crabtre
- It was to be a non-stop trip, mostly to familiarize Rick with the terrain.
- Extract from : « The Golden Skull » by John Blaine
- What need to familiarize us with the life of such a creature?
- Extract from : « The Galaxy, April, 1877 » by Various
- Among other things, I had to familiarize myself with the character I was about to portray.
- Extract from : « The Kidnapped President » by Guy Boothby
- Profit of that distinction, and familiarize yourself at both.
- Extract from : « The PG Edition of Chesterfield's Letters to His Son » by The Earl of Chesterfield
- He wanted to familiarize himself at once with the styles and methods of his men.
- Extract from : « The "Genius" » by Theodore Dreiser
- Familiarize the student with the past and present literature of his branch.
- Extract from : « Anthropology » by Daniel Garrison Brinton
Antonyms for familiarize
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019