Synonyms for accumulates
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : uh-kyoo-myuh-leyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈkyu myəˌleɪt|
Top 10 synonyms for accumulates Other synonyms for the word accumulates
- bring together
- clean up
- draw together
- heap together
- load up
- make a bundle
- make a killing
- pile up
- rack up
- roll up
- round up
- scare up
- stack up
- store up
Définition of accumulatesOrigin :
- 1520s, from Latin accumulatus, past participle of accumulare "to heap up" (see accumulation). Related: Accumulated; accumulating.
- verb gather or amass something
- It's not much time, but it accumulates, in one year, thirty days!
- Extract from : « The Elm Tree Tales » by F. Irene Burge Smith
- No pinholes or defacements on the walls, none of the litter that accumulates.
- Extract from : « The Million-Dollar Suitcase » by Alice MacGowan
- Their claims to precedence, however, consist not in their wealth, but in that which accumulates the wealth.
- Extract from : « Humanity in the City » by E. H. Chapin
- I turn it, and watch the sand as it accumulates in the lower half of the glass.
- Extract from : « Over the Teacups » by Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- If you don't spend your allowance, I suppose it accumulates?
- Extract from : « The World's Greatest Books--Volume 14--Philosophy and Economics » by Various
- But memory preserves and accumulates these separate incidents.
- Extract from : « Reconstruction in Philosophy » by John Dewey
- Here, in the heart of the doomed city, it accumulates and destroys.
- Extract from : « The Sanitary Evolution of London » by Henry Lorenzo Jephson
- It is false that he accumulates money; he has never touched what comes to him as regent.
- Extract from : « The Correspondence of Madame, Princess Palatine, Mother of the Regent; of Marie-Adlade de Savoie, Duchesse de Bourgogne; and of Madame de Maintenon, in Relation to Saint-Cyr » by Charlotte-Elisabeth, duchesse d Orlans; Marie Adelaide, of Savoy, Duchess of Burgundy; and Madame de Maintenon
- Their purpose is to let out air, which accumulates in the radiator.
- Extract from : « Mechanical Devices in the Home » by Edith Louise Allen
- It accumulates, accumulates, and one day it must discharge itself.
- Extract from : « The Soul of John Brown » by Stephen Graham
Antonyms for accumulates
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019