Synonyms for accurately
|Grammar : Adv|
|Spell : ak-yer-it|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈæk yər ɪt|
Définition of accuratelyOrigin :
- 1610s, "done with care," from Latin accuratus "prepared with care, exact, elaborate," past participle of accurare "take care of," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + curare "take care of" (see cure). The notion of doing something carefully led to that of being exact (1650s). Related: Accurately; accurateness.
- adv correctly
- It is needful, therefore, to understand it as accurately as may be, however we may judge it.
- Extract from : « The Man Shakespeare » by Frank Harris
- Much obliged to you for recalling it so accurately and anticipating me.
- Extract from : « Little Dorrit » by Charles Dickens
- But, he had been so careful to get it accurately, that he then spelt it with perfect correctness.
- Extract from : « A Tale of Two Cities » by Charles Dickens
- He thought of how accurately she had guessed his position in life—if it was a guess.
- Extract from : « In a Steamer Chair and Other Stories » by Robert Barr
- Her hearing had accurately conveyed to her the meaning of those sounds.
- Extract from : « The Law-Breakers » by Ridgwell Cullum
- The first thing, then, that we have to do, is accurately to discriminate 17.
- Extract from : « Modern Painters Volume II (of V) » by John Ruskin
- You supposed that your motto was accurately cited from Bacon.
- Extract from : « The International Monthly, Volume 3, No. 2, May, 1851 » by Various
- Thank God we know so little about it that we do not know how to speak of it accurately.
- Extract from : « Things as They Are » by Amy Wilson-Carmichael
- It was pleasant to hear our own remarks so accurately repeated.
- Extract from : « Lotus Buds » by Amy Carmichael
- However, endeavor to relate every thing as accurately as you can.
- Extract from : « Apology, Crito, and Phaedo of Socrates » by Plato
Words or expressions associated with your search
- accustomed to
- be inaccurate
- in accuracies
- in accuracy
- in accurate
- in accurately
- un accustomed
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019