Synonyms for denudation
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : den-yoo-dey-shuh n, dee-noo-, -nyoo-|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌdɛn yʊˈdeɪ ʃən, ˌdi nʊ-, -nyʊ-|
Top 10 synonyms for denudation Other synonyms for the word denudation
Définition of denudationOrigin :
- early 15c., from Middle French dénudation, from Latin denudationem (nominative denudatio), noun of action from past participle stem of denudare (see denude). Figurative use is from 1590s. In geology, from 1811.
- As in exposure : noun uncovering; putting in view or danger
- How little he could ever have grappled with the subject of denudation!
- Extract from : « The Life and Letters of Charles Darwin, Volume II (of II) » by Charles Darwin
- The denudation of the hills led to terrible floods along the rivers.
- Extract from : « The New Nation » by Frederic L. Paxson
- I am more struck with his remarks on denudation than you seem to be.
- Extract from : « More Letters of Charles Darwin Volume II » by Charles Darwin
- As I have said, the denudation of Armenia accounts, perhaps, for the destruction of Irak.
- Extract from : « A Pilgrimage to Nejd, Vol. 2 [of 2] » by Anne Blunt
- Rosmersholm and the Rosmer ideals had begun their work of denudation and disintegration.
- Extract from : « Iconoclasts » by James Huneker
- No geologist can doubt that such relationship is the result of denudation.
- Extract from : « Fragments of Earth Lore » by James Geikie
- How far back such a denudation may carry us is a matter 366 of speculation.
- Extract from : « Human Origins » by Samuel Laing
- On the vast lapse of time, as inferred from the rate of deposition and of denudation.
- Extract from : « On the Origin of Species » by Charles Darwin
- In his rear all was secure in spite of the denudation of the garrisons.
- Extract from : « Monk » by Julian Corbett
- It is also in this respect preferable to denudation with a brush.
- Extract from : « Directions for Collecting and Preserving Insects » by C. V. Riley
Antonyms for denudation
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019