Synonyms for publicity
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : puh-blis-i-tee|
|Phonetic Transcription : pʌˈblɪs ɪ ti|
Top 10 synonyms for publicity Other synonyms for the word publicity
Définition of publicityOrigin :
- 1791, "condition of being public," from French publicité (1690s), from Medieval Latin publicitatem (nominative publicitas), from Latin publicus (see public (adj.)). Sense of "a making (something) known, an exposure to the public" is from 1826, shading by c.1900 into "advertising, business of promotion." Publicity stunt first recorded 1908.
- noun promotion of something, someone
- But their baseness lies in their privacy, not in their publicity.
- Extract from : « Alarms and Discursions » by G. K. Chesterton
- We do not pretend to conceal from you the fact that we are anxious to avoid all publicity, all scandal.
- Extract from : « Roden's Corner » by Henry Seton Merriman
- You didn't see that when you left New York, and therefore you were afraid of publicity.
- Extract from : « A Woman Intervenes » by Robert Barr
- Also obtained some publicity by expensive exploring in Canada and New Hampshire.
- Extract from : « Who Was Who: 5000 B. C. to Date » by Anonymous
- But I was terribly hampered by the publicity which attended my movements.
- Extract from : « The Prisoner of Zenda » by Anthony Hope
- Information of this was sent to the archbishop, who did not think proper to give it publicity.
- Extract from : « The Phantom World » by Augustin Calmet
- This is the age of publicity This is the age of publicity, whether we like it or not.
- Extract from : « The New York Stock Exchange and Public Opinion » by Otto Hermann Kahn
- "I have no fancy for this species of publicity," said Cashel, seriously.
- Extract from : « Roland Cashel » by Charles James Lever
- It is the publicity that I dread far more than even the issue.
- Extract from : « The Bramleighs Of Bishop's Folly » by Charles James Lever
- This was all the publicity, however, Drayton gave to his friend's achievements.
- Extract from : « A Rent In A Cloud » by Charles James Lever
Antonyms for publicity
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019