Synonyms for advertising
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ad-ver-tahy-zing|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈæd vərˌtaɪ zɪŋ|
Top 10 synonyms for advertising
Définition of advertisingOrigin :
- early 15c., "to take notice of," from Middle French advertiss-, present participle stem of a(d)vertir "to warn" (12c.), from Latin advertere "turn toward," from ad- "toward" (see ad-) + vertere "to turn" (see versus).
- Sense shifted to "to give notice to others, warn" (late 15c.) by influence of advertisement; specific meaning "to call attention to goods for sale, rewards, etc." had emerged by late 18c. Original meaning remains in the verb advert "to give attention to." Related: Advertised; advertising.
- noun public notice of sale; notices to increase consumer desire
- And because I was getting results I got a lot of advertising.
- Extract from : « K » by Mary Roberts Rinehart
- But as you have done the advertising for me, I send you two hundred dollars for your poor.
- Extract from : « My Double Life » by Sarah Bernhardt
- Pee-wee now arranged his advertising masterpieces in order for posting.
- Extract from : « Pee-wee Harris » by Percy Keese Fitzhugh
- They talked loudly, advertising their presence above the quieter groups.
- Extract from : « Louisiana Lou » by William West Winter
- It was to-day's advertising section he was scanning, and the hour not yet one.
- Extract from : « The Heads of Apex » by Francis Flagg
- Mr. Pulcifer did not know, but he thought it not worth while advertising the fact.
- Extract from : « Galusha the Magnificent » by Joseph C. Lincoln
- "Ducks" it was in the advertising, and nothing BUT ducks they wanted.
- Extract from : « Cape Cod Stories » by Joseph C. Lincoln
- Correspondence and advertising by farm people have greatly increased.
- Extract from : « The Farmer and His Community » by Dwight Sanderson
- The advertising material has been moved to the end of the book.
- Extract from : « Architecture » by Thomas Roger Smith
- Hardly any to go on with, let alone pouring thousands into advertising.
- Extract from : « Within the Tides » by Joseph Conrad
Antonyms for advertising
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019