Synonyms for handout
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : hand-out|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈhændˌaʊt|
Définition of handout
- noun contribution
- All at once I was hungry enough to have gone and asked for a handout.
- Extract from : « The Million-Dollar Suitcase » by Alice MacGowan
- If I had the coin, wouldn't I give them a handout of fresh air and milk?
- Extract from : « Just Around the Corner » by Fannie Hurst
- He had not been expecting any handout, so he was not disappointed.
- Extract from : « Skookum Chuck Fables » by Skookum Chuck (pseud for R.D. Cumming)
- It appears like I'm givin' all I've got for a handout at the kitchen door of the big company.
- Extract from : « The Quickening » by Francis Lynde
- Maybe we asks fer a handout now and then; but that ain't our reg'lar way.
- Extract from : « The Oakdale Affair » by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- I find that in asking for a handout the man who looks up-to-date is the man who gets it.
- Extract from : « Twenty Years a Detective in the Wickedest City in the World » by Clifton R. Wooldridge
Antonyms for handout
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019