Synonyms for acknowledgment
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ak-nol-ij-muh nt|
|Phonetic Transcription : ækˈnɒl ɪdʒ mənt|
Top 10 synonyms for acknowledgment
Définition of acknowledgmentOrigin :
- alternative form of acknowledgement. OED deems it "a spelling more in accordance with Eng. values of letters."
- noun act of recognizing authority or truth of something
- noun physical symbol of recognition
- If Robert possessed his acknowledgment he would have no defense to make.
- Extract from : « Brave and Bold » by Horatio Alger
- And, in your turn, you will now have to pardon me, for I have an acknowledgment to make to you.
- Extract from : « The Dream » by Emile Zola
- Had she said, 'the Son of Abraham,' she had not come home to this acknowledgment.
- Extract from : « Female Scripture Biographies, Vol. II » by Francis Augustus Cox
- Giving him a dark glance in acknowledgment of his answer, Rigaud knocked loudly.
- Extract from : « Little Dorrit » by Charles Dickens
- It is doubtful if there was any shame in him at the acknowledgment.
- Extract from : « The Law-Breakers » by Ridgwell Cullum
- He uses this exclamation as an acknowledgment that God is the giver of our daily bread.
- Extract from : « Harper's Young People, July 6, 1880 » by Various
- Cousin Percy's acknowledgment of this statement was a brief "Oh, indeed!"
- Extract from : « Cap'n Dan's Daughter » by Joseph C. Lincoln
- The great Horatio's only acknowledgment of the greeting was a nod.
- Extract from : « Galusha the Magnificent » by Joseph C. Lincoln
- Their acknowledgment of him came after Sigismund's, after—long after—my denunciation.
- Extract from : « The Historical Nights Entertainment, Second Series » by Rafael Sabatini
- Still she made no answer to his words, nor any acknowledgment of his service.
- Extract from : « Victor's Triumph » by Mrs. E. D. E. N. Southworth
Antonyms for acknowledgment
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019