Synonyms for unveiling
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : uhn-vey-ling|
|Phonetic Transcription : ʌnˈveɪ lɪŋ|
Top 10 synonyms for unveiling Other synonyms for the word unveiling
Définition of unveilingOrigin :
- 1590s, in reference to sight, "to make clear," from un- (2) + veil (v.). Sense of "to display or reveal" (something) is from 1650s. Related: Unveiled; unveiling.
- verb reveal
- The meanings are in those forms already, else they could be no garment of unveiling.
- Extract from : « A Dish Of Orts » by George MacDonald
- The ceremony of unveiling the statue of Rhaetia was about to begin.
- Extract from : « The Princess Virginia » by C. N. Williamson
- "Too late," he uttered, and was unveiling his face when she sat up in bed with a scream.
- Extract from : « Sacrifice » by Stephen French Whitman
- And yet one must be a woman to feel what I feel to-day, in unveiling and adorning your beauty.
- Extract from : « The Choice of Life » by Georgette Leblanc
- May we venture to see there an unveiling of the divine heart?
- Extract from : « Expositions of Holy Scripture » by Alexander Maclaren
- The removal of these differences is just the unveiling of it, in which it at once comes to be and to be known.
- Extract from : « Progress and History » by Various
- Others are considerably taken back by the unveiling of Anderson.
- Extract from : « The Loyalist » by James Francis Barrett
- That unveiling did expose him to the stare of everybody waiting in the lobby.
- Extract from : « Free Air » by Sinclair Lewis
- The verses which follow were written for the unveiling of the statue, December 9, 1879.
- Extract from : « Our American Holidays: Lincoln's Birthday » by Various
- Like every play of this period, it is the unveiling of a lie.
- Extract from : « Figures of Several Centuries » by Arthur Symons
Antonyms for unveiling
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019