Synonyms for unfolding
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uhn-fohld|
|Phonetic Transcription : ʌnˈfoʊld|
Top 10 synonyms for unfolding Other synonyms for the word unfolding
Définition of unfoldingOrigin :
- Old English unfealdan, "to open or unwrap the folds of," also figuratively, "to disclose, reveal," from un- (2) "opposite of" + fold (v.). Cf. Middle Dutch ontvouden, German entfalten. Intransitive sense is attested from late 14c. Related: Unfolded; unfolding.
- noun development
- But why speak of unfolding "new-born specks of living matter?"
- Extract from : « Life: Its True Genesis » by R. W. Wright
- In the unfolding of the plot, Morgan was quite uninterested.
- Extract from : « Cleo The Magnificent » by Louis Zangwill
- He returns to the Emperor, on whose knees an aide-de-camp was unfolding a map.
- Extract from : « The Downfall » by Emile Zola
- As I entered the drawing-room the old colonel was unfolding a newspaper.
- Extract from : « The Woman Thou Gavest Me » by Hall Caine
- And unfolding yet another document, he placed it in the hands of the Commander-in-Chief.
- Extract from : « The Snare » by Rafael Sabatini
- Then unfolding the letter, he read it, leaning against one of the merlons of the wall.
- Extract from : « Love-at-Arms » by Raphael Sabatini
- Unfolding the paper, they find the check has been drawn for a hundred pounds.
- Extract from : « Molly Bawn » by Margaret Wolfe Hamilton
- "You have got none at all, but imagined our feast—as usual," she said, unfolding her bundle.
- Extract from : « Gilian The Dreamer » by Neil Munro
- "Rose had something special to tell me," said Erica, unfolding the letter.
- Extract from : « We Two » by Edna Lyall
- The sole purpose of the comma is the unfolding of the sense of the words.
- Extract from : « Punctuation » by Frederick W. Hamilton
Antonyms for unfolding
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019