Synonyms for maturity
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : muh-choo r-i-tee, -too r-, -tyoo r-, -chur-|
|Phonetic Transcription : məˈtʃʊər ɪ ti, -ˈtʊər-, -ˈtyʊər-, -ˈtʃɜr-|
Top 10 synonyms for maturity
Définition of maturityOrigin :
- early 15c., "maturity of character;" mid-15c., "ripeness," from Middle French maturité and directly from Latin maturitatem (nominative maturitas) "ripeness," from maturus "ripe" (see mature (v.)). Financial sense "state of being due for payment" is from 1815.
- noun adulthood, full growth
- Though we are not told the age of Lazarus we judge that he was at most no more than in man's maturity.
- Extract from : « The Conquest of Fear » by Basil King
- This earth will not do for a Christian in the maturity of his character.
- Extract from : « Female Scripture Biographies, Vol. I » by Francis Augustus Cox
- It is, indeed, only in maturity that we know how lovely were our earliest years!
- Extract from : « Alice, or The Mysteries, Complete » by Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- Claret for youth, say I, sack for maturity, and strong waters in old age.
- Extract from : « Micah Clarke » by Arthur Conan Doyle
- He grinds the grains of maturity or the herbs that make the elixir of life.
- Extract from : « The Chinese Fairy Book » by Various
- The greater the pity that it was not brought to maturity by its author.
- Extract from : « Old-Fashioned Ethics and Common-Sense Metaphysics » by William Thomas Thornton
- Tobacco also thrives there, but comes to maturity with difficulty.
- Extract from : « The History of Louisiana » by Le Page Du Pratz
- If we are ever to reach the Heights of Maturity we must spend ten years in the Teens.
- Extract from : « Almost A Man » by Mary Wood-Allen
- The younger man had attained to the maturity of full manhood.
- Extract from : « The Shadow of a Crime » by Hall Caine
- The choice should depend on the accessibility and maturity of the wood.
- Extract from : « Manual of American Grape-Growing » by U. P. Hedrick
Antonyms for maturity
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019