Synonyms for readiness
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : red-ee-nis|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈrɛd i nɪs|
Top 10 synonyms for readiness Other synonyms for the word readiness
Définition of readinessOrigin :
- mid-14c., "state of preparation, preparedness;" late 14c., "promptness;" from ready (adj.) + -ness. As "willingness" from c.1400.
- noun skill; eagerness
- Hold thyself in readiness to come down upon the first summons.
- Extract from : « Clarissa, Volume 1 (of 9) » by Samuel Richardson
- The talkers were putting the anaesthetizing-room in readiness for the afternoon.
- Extract from : « K » by Mary Roberts Rinehart
- At last, on the eve of the happy day, everything was in readiness.
- Extract from : « The Dream » by Emile Zola
- They, with the three on watch, were to get the vessel in readiness for immediate departure.
- Extract from : « The Monster Men » by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Trapper Jim was getting some of the bear meat in readiness for cooking.
- Extract from : « With Trapper Jim in the North Woods » by Lawrence J. Leslie
- Sally found it hard to believe in Hetty's readiness to welcome her baby.
- Extract from : « Hetty's Strange History » by Anonymous
- That I might at least show my readiness in wishing to be grateful, I took every care of her in my power.
- Extract from : « The Letters of Robert Burns » by Robert Burns
- I have some papers to arrange, which I should wish to show him, and I cannot have them sooner in readiness.
- Extract from : « Tales And Novels, Volume 8 (of 10) » by Maria Edgeworth
- I had some friends in readiness, who were to have accompanied me to them.
- Extract from : « Clarissa, Volume 3 (of 9) » by Samuel Richardson
- Cellini was remarkable for his readiness and dexterity in handicraft.
- Extract from : « Self-Help » by Samuel Smiles
Antonyms for readiness
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019