Synonyms for abstractly
|Grammar : Adv|
|Spell : adjective ab-strakt, ab-strakt; noun ab-strakt; verb ab-strakt for 10–13, ab-strakt for 14|
|Phonetic Transcription : adjective æbˈstrækt, ˈæb strækt; noun ˈæb strækt; verb æbˈstrækt for 10–13, ˈæb strækt for 14|
Définition of abstractlyOrigin :
- late 14c., "by itself, absolutely," from abstract (adj.) + -ly (2).
- As in on paper : adv in theory
- Abstractly it is no more important than the other odd thousand we work with.
- Extract from : « The K-Factor » by Harry Harrison (AKA Henry Maxwell Dempsey)
- We must distinguish between the abstractly typical and the universal.
- Extract from : « The Gate of Appreciation » by Carleton Noyes
- "Abstractly, I of course agree with you," he said haltingly.
- Extract from : « Planet of the Damned » by Harry Harrison
- Put thus broadly and abstractly, the answer must be negative.
- Extract from : « The Analysis of Mind » by Bertrand Russell
- Our hero did not believe in brandy, abstractly or concretely.
- Extract from : « Little Bobtail » by Oliver Optic
- Its because you are thinking of her abstractly; remembering only how she has hurt you.
- Extract from : « Adrienne Toner » by Anne Douglas Sedgwick
- The study of rent puts this abstractly, but in a clear light.
- Extract from : « The Principles of Economics » by Frank A. Fetter
- Abstractly, it is said that virtue is its own reward—and it is.
- Extract from : « The World's Great Sermons, Volume 6: H. W. Beecher to Punshon » by Various
- Meditation, abstractly considered, is neither a virtue nor a vice.
- Extract from : « Monks, Popes, and their Political Intrigues » by John Alberger
- Many of them already declare these ideas to be abstractly just.
- Extract from : « The Atlantic Monthly, Volume 16, No. 94, August, 1865 » by Various
Words or expressions associated with your search
- abstain from
- abstaining from
- abstains from
- abstract composition
- abstract design
- abstract principle
- abstract thought
- believed abstraction
- gestural abstraction
- in the abstract
- period of abstinence
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019