Synonyms for abstractedly
|Grammar : Adv|
|Spell : ab-strak-tid|
|Phonetic Transcription : æbˈstræk tɪd|
Top 10 synonyms for abstractedly
Définition of abstractedly
- As in unconsciously : adv without thinking
- Charles looked at his father for permission, who said abstractedly, "Give it her."
- Extract from : « Howards End » by E. M. Forster
- Bill had turned away, and was abstractedly contemplating the strangers.
- Extract from : « The Twins of Suffering Creek » by Ridgwell Cullum
- He retrieved the 260 Herald, and abstractedly smoothed out the pages.
- Extract from : « Rope » by Holworthy Hall
- "Nuffin, massa; I war only tinkin'," he abstractedly replied.
- Extract from : « Among the Pines » by James R. Gilmore
- He rises from his seat, and abstractedly stares at the Star, then at the audience.
- Extract from : « An Outcast » by F. Colburn Adams
- As he did so, he abstractedly murmured, "Parsley,—fatal to parrots."
- Extract from : « The Jest Book » by Mark Lemon
- "I have to be home at five," replied the Prophet, abstractedly.
- Extract from : « The Prophet of Berkeley Square » by Robert Hichens
- She only sat there abstractedly, with her hand lifted from the wrist.
- Extract from : « The La Chance Mine Mystery » by Susan Carleton Jones
- “I beg your pardon,” said Terry, quietly and abstractedly, to the audience.
- Extract from : « Northern Lights » by Gilbert Parker
- "You can do as you like, Hawke," replied Dennis abstractedly.
- Extract from : « With Haig on the Somme » by D. H. Parry
Antonyms for abstractedly
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019