Synonyms for feasible
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : fee-zuh-buh l|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈfi zə bəl|
Top 10 synonyms for feasible
Définition of feasibleOrigin :
- "capable of being done, accomplished or carried out," mid-15c., from Anglo-French faisible, from Old French faisable "possible, easy, convenient," from fais-, stem of faire "do, make," from Latin facere "do, perform" (see factitious). Fowler recommends this word only for those "who feel that the use of an ordinary word for an ordinary notion does not do justice to their vocabulary or sufficiently exhibit their cultivation."
- adj possible, doable
- Whether or not the scheme was feasible at that time it is impossible to say.
- Extract from : « The Story of the Great War, Volume III (of VIII) » by Various
- You are to depart as soon as feasible: you know what that means.
- Extract from : « Astounding Stories of Super-Science September 1930 » by Various
- What attractions are possible and feasible in the rural communities?
- Extract from : « Rural Life and the Rural School » by Joseph Kennedy
- Even if it had been feasible—which I doubt—I would not have done so.
- Extract from : « Nostromo: A Tale of the Seaboard » by Joseph Conrad
- If it proves to be feasible, I can give Ashton a chance to make good as an engineer.
- Extract from : « Out of the Depths » by Robert Ames Bennet
- The route up through the dome was the only feasible one now.
- Extract from : « Astounding Stories of Super-Science, May, 1930 » by Various
- It was only feasible by veritable dancing on the tight-rope of sophistry.
- Extract from : « Erasmus and the Age of Reformation » by Johan Huizinga
- Perhaps, had it been feasible, she would have stopped his speech.
- Extract from : « The Genius » by Margaret Horton Potter
- The fulfilment of some of the promises would have been feasible enough.
- Extract from : « The Story of the Upper Canada Rebellion, Volume 1 » by John Charles Dent
- But he was compelled to admit that the plan was not feasible.
- Extract from : « The Hunters of the Ozark » by Edward S. Ellis
Antonyms for feasible
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019