Synonyms for beneficial
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : ben-uh-fish-uhl|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌbɛn əˈfɪʃ əl|
Top 10 synonyms for beneficial Other synonyms for the word beneficial
Définition of beneficialOrigin :
- mid-15c., "helpful, advantageous," from Middle French bénéficial and directly from Latin beneficialis "pertaining to a favor," from beneficium (see benefice). Related: Beneficially.
- adj advantageous
- But one of them, the distraction of seeing the world, is innocent and beneficial.
- Extract from : « A Treatise on Parents and Children » by George Bernard Shaw
- It was very certain that the exercise he was giving his brain must be beneficial.
- Extract from : « Her Father's Daughter » by Gene Stratton-Porter
- Its effects were, however, beneficial to the villagers who survived.
- Extract from : « English Villages » by P. H. Ditchfield
- He did not see the beauty, the nobleness of it, nor yet its beneficial power.
- Extract from : « My Double Life » by Sarah Bernhardt
- Medicine may have a bad taste, and yet have beneficial results.
- Extract from : « One Day's Courtship » by Robert Barr
- We must all go where we think we can be of the most benefit to the Cause, and do that which will be most beneficial.
- Extract from : « The Dare Boys of 1776 » by Stephen Angus Cox
- But domestic work and moderate exercise of the body are beneficial.
- Extract from : « The Sexual Question » by August Forel
- The effort is not only laudable, but will, I have no doubt, be productive of the most beneficial results.
- Extract from : « Address delivered by Hon. Henry H. Crapo, Governor of Michigan, before the Central Michigan Agricultural Society, at their Sheep-shearing Exhibition held at the Agricultural College Farm, on Thursday, May 24th, 1866 » by Henry Howland Crapo
- The good are the beneficial, and the bad are the hurtful, and we should choose the one and avoid the other.
- Extract from : « Gorgias » by Plato
- You would say that a thing which is beneficial to one is sometimes hurtful to another?
- Extract from : « The Memorabilia » by Xenophon
Antonyms for beneficial
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019