Synonyms for profitable
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : prof-i-tuh-buhl|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈprɒf ɪ tə bəl|
Top 10 synonyms for profitable
Définition of profitableOrigin :
- c.1300, "yielding benefit, useful," from profit (v.) + -able or from Old French profitable, porfitable. Specific sense of "money-making" is attested from 1758. Related: Profitably.
- adj advantageous; money-making
- A careful study of this table will be profitable to the housewife.
- Extract from : « Woman's Institute Library of Cookery, Vol. 1 » by Woman's Institute of Domestic Arts and Sciences
- Now, it is evident that there is here a profitable source of economy.
- Extract from : « Scientific American Supplement, No. 447, July 26, 1884 » by Various
- The most profitable study is that which is conducted with a definite aim and object.
- Extract from : « Self-Help » by Samuel Smiles
- Nothing that is fine in woman will be lost, nothing that is profitable will be sacrificed.
- Extract from : « The Truth About Woman » by C. Gasquoine Hartley
- This is a slow process, but in rich placers may be profitable.
- Extract from : « Hittel on Gold Mines and Mining » by John S. Hittell
- I reminded him of his saying once, ‘Peddling is a healthy and profitable business.’
- Extract from : « The Book of Khalid » by Ameen Rihani
- Therefore impound not your Bees, so profitable and free a creature.
- Extract from : « A New Orchard And Garden » by William Lawson
- So likely too, seeing that I affirm injustice to be profitable and justice not.
- Extract from : « The Republic » by Plato
- Wholesome and profitable to my spirit, I trust, was this discipline!
- Extract from : « Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine, Volume 56, Number 350, December 1844 » by Various
- Verily, a lover is a profitable guardian and associate for him in all that relates to his mind.
- Extract from : « Phaedrus » by Plato
Antonyms for profitable
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019