Synonyms for adventuresome
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : ad-ven-cher-suh m|
|Phonetic Transcription : ædˈvɛn tʃər səm|
Définition of adventuresomeOrigin :
- 1731, from adventure + -some (1).
- adj adventurous
- Trying to prove that it happened is the highest work of the Adventuresome.
- Extract from : « Strictly Business » by O. Henry
- The ships of Portugal were the most adventuresome of any that ploughed the ocean.
- Extract from : « Stanley in Africa » by James P. Boyd
- I realized that I should not be able soon to undertake any adventuresome travels, and I could not reach home by any easy stages.
- Extract from : « The Boy Spy » by Joseph Kerby
- Every boy who knows Billy Topsail will welcome this continuation of his adventuresome life in the North.
- Extract from : « Billy Topsail & Company » by Norman Duncan
- To understand his art and its actuating impulses it is necessary to know something of his colourful and adventuresome life.
- Extract from : « Modern Painting, Its Tendency and Meaning » by Willard Huntington Wright
- One or two adventuresome explorers had looked there and brought back practically all that the world knew of it.
- Extract from : « Historic Highways of America (Vol. 6) » by Archer Butler Hulbert
- He was no coward; no man ever dared say that of him; but he seemed to have none of the adventuresome blood of his parents.
- Extract from : « Wolf Breed » by Jackson Gregory
- A little later we meet again with the adventuresome Tupper and his flotilla.
- Extract from : « The Campaign of 1776 around New York and Brooklyn » by Henry P. Johnston
- Campaigning with the 2d corps in 1864 was strenuous enough to satisfy the most adventuresome.
- Extract from : « Drum Taps in Dixie » by Delavan S. Miller
- He was not lazy, but he was adventuresome, and steady employment held for him no attraction.
- Extract from : « A Pilgrim Maid » by Marion Ames Taggart
Words or expressions associated with your search
- adventure park
- adverse circumstance
- adverse fate
- advertising board
- advertising campaign
- advertising placard
- animadvert on
- in advertence
- in advertences
- in advertent
- in advertently
- mail advertising
- Second Advent
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019