Synonyms for adversities
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ad-vur-si-tee|
|Phonetic Transcription : ædˈvɜr sɪ ti|
Top 10 synonyms for adversities Other synonyms for the word adversities
Définition of adversitiesOrigin :
- c.1200, aduersite "misfortune, hardship, difficulty," from Old French aversité "adversity, calamity, misfortune; hostility, wickedness, malice" (Modern French adversité), from Latin adversitatem (nominative adversitas) "opposition," from adversus (see adverse).
- noun bad luck, situation
- Why, her grief over the country's adversities must have cut her life short.
- Extract from : « Great Men and Famous Women. Vol. 2 of 8 » by Various
- It will help thee at thy need, in sickness, grief, and all adversities.
- Extract from : « Primitive Psycho-Therapy and Quackery » by Robert Means Lawrence
- Ye have this day rejected your God, who himself saved you out of all adversities.
- Extract from : « Orthography » by Elmer W. Cavins
- But their English hearts were not daunted, and bravely did they struggle with their adversities.
- Extract from : « Memorials of Old London » by Various
- But with our own distempers and adversities it is altogether different.
- Extract from : « Thoughts on Man » by William Godwin
- And he, a man of experience and adversities, was not the kind of man to be indifferent to her courtesy.
- Extract from : « The Forged Note » by Oscar Micheaux
- This was their chief adversity, and of other adversities I have to speak.
- Extract from : « Science and Medieval Thought » by Sir Thomas Clifford Allbutt
- In it we will drown our adversities, and in its fire consume our sorrows.
- Extract from : « The Lands of the Saracen » by Bayard Taylor
- A tender affection, cemented by their adversities, existed between James Stuart and his sons.
- Extract from : « Memoirs of the Jacobites of 1715 and 1745 » by Mrs. Thomson
- Let us follow God's commandments, and do unto others as we would they should do unto us, and be patient under all adversities.
- Extract from : « Some Jewish Witnesses For Christ » by Rev. A. Bernstein, B.D.
Antonyms for adversities
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019