Synonyms for adulteration
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-duhl-tuh-rey-shuh n|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˌdʌl təˈreɪ ʃən|
Définition of adulterationOrigin :
- c.1500, from Latin adulterationem (nominative adulteratio), noun of action from past participle stem of adulterare "corrupt, falsify; debauch; commit adultery," from ad- "to" (see ad-) + Late Latin alterare "to alter" (see alter).
- noun corruption
- Most of the cases that I heard turned on the adulteration and falsification of liquors.
- Extract from : « With Manchesters in the East » by Gerald B. Hurst
- After the practices of adulteration naturally follow the practices of retail trade.
- Extract from : « Laws » by Plato
- It gives many openings for theories of agglutination and adulteration.
- Extract from : « Epic and Romance » by W. P. Ker
- An excessive amount of sand in the ash should be classed as adulteration.
- Extract from : « Human Foods and Their Nutritive Value » by Harry Snyder
- Dressing is not regarded as an adulteration, but as an embellishment.
- Extract from : « Textiles » by William H. Dooley
- Do, dear; and I will take that opportunity to finish my article on Adulteration.
- Extract from : « A Simpleton » by Charles Reade
- That scared the people, and for a while the adulteration of the material ceased.
- Extract from : « The Story of Silk » by Sara Ware Bassett
- Better any disfigurement by leads than the least adulteration of old work.
- Extract from : « Windows, A Book About Stained & Painted Glass » by Lewis F. Day
- There is a philosophy about adulteration I dont know much about.
- Extract from : « The Life and Letters of Lafcadio Hearn, Volume 2 » by Elizabeth Bisland
- Later in the century heavy penalties were imposed for adulteration.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 16, Slice 7 » by Various
Words or expressions associated with your search
- adult contemporary
- adult education
- adult material
- adult movie
- adult movies
- fradulent artifice
- un adulterated
- young adult
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019