Synonyms for adulate
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : aj-uh-leyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈædʒ əˌleɪt|
Définition of adulateOrigin :
- 1777, back-formation from adulation.
- verb flatter
- It is true, people are permitted to adulate slavery—so they are allowed to adulate kings, where kings reign.
- Extract from : « Continental Monthly, Vol. II. July, 1862. No. 1. » by Various
- She whom such songs were meant to adulate or win, frequently was the wife of the Troubadours lord.
- Extract from : « The Mediaeval Mind (Volume I of II) » by Henry Osborn Taylor
Words or expressions associated with your search
- adult contemporary
- adult education
- adult literature
- adult material
- adult movie
- adult movies
- fradulent artifice
- un adulterated
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019