Synonyms for adulterous
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : uh-duhl-ter-uh s|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈdʌl tər əs|
Top 10 synonyms for adulterous
Définition of adulterousOrigin :
- c.1400, avoutrious "addicted to adultery," from obsolete verb adulter (see adulterer) + -ous.
- adj unfaithful
- It made no difference that I was not really an adulterous wife—I had no right to be there.
- Extract from : « The Woman Thou Gavest Me » by Hall Caine
- Ah—you confess that you went down to him with adulterous thoughts?
- Extract from : « The Early Short Fiction of Edith Wharton, Part 1 (of 10) » by Edith Wharton
- I have been drunken, adulterous, heartless, but from this night I will be good again.
- Extract from : « In a Little Town » by Rupert Hughes
- Were you indeed my son?or were you the pledge of adulterous love?
- Extract from : « Wagner, the Wehr-Wolf » by George W. M. Reynolds
- The love between the king and her was unlawful and adulterous.
- Extract from : « Hugh, Bishop of Lincoln » by Charles L. Marson
- When forgiving the adulterous woman He said, "Go, and sin no more."
- Extract from : « Christian Science » by Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)
- Nor did he know that Erebus was the child of this adulterous connection.
- Extract from : « The Knight of Malta » by Eugene Sue
- It is a wicked and adulterous generation that seeketh after a sign.
- Extract from : « Gospel Doctrine » by Joseph F. Smith
- Is it only the privilege of the man, that he may put away an adulterous wife?
- Extract from : « A Christian Directory (Part 2 of 4) » by Richard Baxter
- The adulterous marriage of church and state has ceased to exist.
- Extract from : « The Works of Robert G. Ingersoll, Vol. 7 (of 12) » by Robert G. Ingersoll
Antonyms for adulterous
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019