Synonyms for adulterer
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : uh-duhl-ter-er|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈdʌl tər ər|
Top 10 synonyms for adulterer Other synonyms for the word adulterer
Définition of adultererOrigin :
- early 15c., earlier avouter (c.1300), avoutrer (late 14c.), agent noun from obsolete verb adulter "commit adultery; adulterate" (late 14c.), from Latin adulterare "to corrupt" (see adulteration).
- As in philanderer : noun person who has many love affairs
- As in lady-killer : noun philanderer
- He was a spendthrift, he was an adulterer, he gambled, he equivocated.
- Extract from : « Short Studies on Great Subjects » by James Anthony Froude
- It rejoiced to see the wife deceive the husband, and the adulterer fool him.
- Extract from : « Folkways » by William Graham Sumner
- A man who has a wife and yet lives with another woman is an adulterer.
- Extract from : « Mother Earth, Vol. 1 No. 3, May 1906 » by Various
- The adulterer when taken in delicto is sometimes punished by death.
- Extract from : « Ifugao Law » by R. F. Burton
- So, the adulterer, though a crime in law, the children are like the husband.
- Extract from : « Brief Lives (Vol. 1 of 2) » by John Aubrey
- Hence the seducer and adulterer only inquire, "What's the damage?"
- Extract from : « Comic Arithmetic » by Anonymous
- What satisfaction is to be made by a fornicator or adulterer?
- Extract from : « A Christian Directory (Part 4 of 4) » by Richard Baxter
- He is an adulterer and a "shape-shifter," like all medicine-men and savage sorcerers.
- Extract from : « Myth, Ritual And Religion, Vol. 2 (of 2) » by Andrew Lang
- He means, 'Thou shalt not be an adulterer, nor corrupter, nor like them that are such.'
- Extract from : « Frauds and Follies of the Fathers » by Joseph Mazzini Wheeler
- The thief and the adulterer will take the season of secrecy and darkness.
- Extract from : « A Christian Directory (Volume 1 of 4) » by Richard Baxter
Antonyms for adulterer
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019