Synonyms for adulator
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : aj-uh-leyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈædʒ əˌleɪt|
Définition of adulatorOrigin :
- 1777, back-formation from adulation.
- noun sycophant
- But their good sense would despise the adulator who should pretend that they always reason right about the means of promoting it.
- Extract from : « Democracy In America, Volume 1 (of 2) » by Alexis de Toqueville
- I fear that Virgil was harmed by the Georgican success, and became more than ever an adulator of the ruling powers.
- Extract from : « The Atlantic Monthly, Volume 11, No. 68, June, 1863 » by Various
Words or expressions associated with your search
- adult contemporary
- adult education
- adult literature
- adult material
- adult movie
- adult movies
- fradulent artifice
- un adulterated
- young adult
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019