Synonyms for advisory
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : ad-vahy-zuh-ree|
|Phonetic Transcription : ædˈvaɪ zə ri|
Définition of advisoryOrigin :
- 1778; see advise + -ory. The noun meaning "weather warning" is from 1931.
- adj able, authorized to recommend
- Moreover, there was to be an Advisory Council elected by popular vote.
- Extract from : « The Philippine Islands » by John Foreman
- The Association has a board of fifteen directors, and an advisory board of twelve.
- Extract from : « The Deaf » by Harry Best
- The parental influence, then, must be indirect and advisory.
- Extract from : « Searchlights on Health: Light on Dark Corners » by B.G. Jefferis
- A majority of the Advisory Commission was made up of Republicans.
- Extract from : « Harper's Pictorial Library of the World War, Volume XII » by Various
- This annihilates the legislature, and reduces it to an advisory body.
- Extract from : « Pamphlets On The Constitution Of The United States » by Various
- It also covered my employment by them in an advisory capacity.
- Extract from : « The Submarine in War and Peace » by Simon Lake
- The acuerdo developed from the advisory power of the audiencia.
- Extract from : « The Audiencia in the Spanish Colonies » by Charles Henry Cunningham
- This raised the question as to the advisability of having an advisory board since none of the other sections had such boards.
- Extract from : « Papers and Proceedings of the Thirty-fourth Annual Meeting of the American Library Association Held at Ottawa, Canada June 26-July 2, 1912 » by Various
- Every town should set up an advisory committee on its betterment.
- Extract from : « The London Mercury, Vol. I, Nos. 1-6, November 1919 to April 1920 » by Various
- There is a danger into which the advisory committee may easily fall.
- Extract from : « Boy Labour and Apprenticeship » by Reginald Arthur Bray
Words or expressions associated with your search
- advise against
- advising against
- advisory board
- advisory group
- advisory groups
- agricultural advisor
- ask advice of
- bad advice
- be advised
- chief legal advisor
- high-level advisers
- ill advised
- legal adviser
- seek advice
- small-craft advisory
- take advice
- take under advisement
- un advised
- was advised
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019