Synonyms for advising
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : ad-vahyz|
|Phonetic Transcription : ædˈvaɪz|
Top 10 synonyms for advising Other synonyms for the word advising
- clue in
- fill in
- give a pointer
- give a tip
- give the word
- keep posted
- lay it out
- let in on
- level with
- make known
- point out
- put bug in ear
- put in two cents
- put next to
- put on the line
- put on to
- tip off
Définition of advisingOrigin :
- late 13c., avisen "to view, consider," from Old French aviser "deliberate, reflect, consider" (13c.), from avis "opinion" (see advice). Meaning "to give counsel to" is late 14c. Related: Advised; advising.
- verb offer recommendation
- verb offer information
- Left a note for my brother, advising him to camp here the first night.
- Extract from : « Explorations in Australia » by John Forrest
- I have no friend—none, none willing or capable of advising me!
- Extract from : « Tales And Novels, Volume 5 (of 10) » by Maria Edgeworth
- You see, I was right in advising silence to be kept towards them.
- Extract from : « The Channings » by Mrs. Henry Wood
- So there had been a conference, and Emile was advising Vere.
- Extract from : « A Spirit in Prison » by Robert Hichens
- Some laugh at the very notion of advising others, and when they are asked will not say what they think.
- Extract from : « Laches » by Plato
- Some fell to patronizing him, some to advising him, and some to sneering at the hubbub he was making.
- Extract from : « Capt'n Davy's Honeymoon » by Hall Caine
- Was that your reason for advising me to take the note payable on demand?
- Extract from : « A Forest Hearth: A Romance of Indiana in the Thirties » by Charles Major
- I assured him that I was far from advising him to do anything so cruel.
- Extract from : « Chance » by Joseph Conrad
- Did you write a letter to Wood advising him to give her —— of ——?
- Extract from : « The Mysterious Murder of Pearl Bryan » by Unknown
- He is advising all his customers to feed their babies on bananas.
- Extract from : « Punch, Or The London Charivari, Vol 150, February 9, 1916 » by Various
Antonyms for advising
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019