Synonyms for advise
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : ad-vahyz|
|Phonetic Transcription : ædˈvaɪz|
Top 10 synonyms for advise Other synonyms for the word advise
- clue in
- fill in
- give a pointer
- give a tip
- give the word
- keep posted
- lay it out
- let in on
- level with
- make known
- point out
- put bug in ear
- put in two cents
- put next to
- put on the line
- put on to
- tip off
Définition of adviseOrigin :
- late 13c., avisen "to view, consider," from Old French aviser "deliberate, reflect, consider" (13c.), from avis "opinion" (see advice). Meaning "to give counsel to" is late 14c. Related: Advised; advising.
- verb offer recommendation
- verb offer information
- I advise as a friend, you see, rather than command as a mother—So adieu, my love.
- Extract from : « Clarissa, Volume 1 (of 9) » by Samuel Richardson
- "He can advise us and help us to put the muddle right," said Mrs. Ware.
- Extract from : « Viviette » by William J. Locke
- "You will have the other trustees to advise with," said his mother.
- Extract from : « Weighed and Wanting » by George MacDonald
- Don't be vexed at what I say; I know you advise for my good; but you do not know how I feel in this matter.
- Extract from : « Life in London » by Edwin Hodder
- The girl has no friends, no father or mother to advise with or help her.
- Extract from : « Ester Ried Yet Speaking » by Isabella Alden
- Pray let me advise you never more to meddle with a classical myth.
- Extract from : « The Three Golden Apples » by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Trevors called him up by telephone to advise him to see Jupiter Belles at once.
- Extract from : « Quaint Courtships » by Various
- To do as you advise would be to change all the rules set down for promotion.
- Extract from : « The Boy Life of Napoleon » by Eugenie Foa
- All the gentlemen in the office showed a desire to serve and advise me.
- Extract from : « Ned Myers » by James Fenimore Cooper
- I never can advise as to the feelings; I can only advise as to the policy.
- Extract from : « Night and Morning, Complete » by Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Antonyms for advise
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019