Synonyms for adviser
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : ad-vahy-zer|
|Phonetic Transcription : ædˈvaɪ zər|
Définition of adviserOrigin :
- 1610s, agent noun from advise (v.). Meaning "military person sent to help a government or army in a foreign country" is recorded from 1915. Alternative form, Latinate advisor, is perhaps a back-formation from advisory.
- noun mentor
- In this tedious and protracted inquiry he had no instructor, nor assistant, nor adviser.
- Extract from : « Self-Help » by Samuel Smiles
- The man who does not regard his own rights will hardly do for an adviser in the affairs of others.
- Extract from : « Wilfrid Cumbermede » by George MacDonald
- He was already talked of as an adviser dangerous to the nation.
- Extract from : « Memoirs Of The Court Of Marie Antoinette, Queen Of France, Complete » by Madame Campan
- "Uh-huh," said the Kid, who was present in the rôle of adviser.
- Extract from : « Old Man Curry » by Charles E. (Charles Emmett) Van Loan
- To his relief, his adviser at least showed no sign of taking offence.
- Extract from : « Masterpieces of Mystery » by Various
- I followed the advice thus given, and I had reason to be grateful to the adviser.
- Extract from : « Recollections » by David Christie Murray
- But you need an adviser, an assistant who can take some of your work off your hands.
- Extract from : « Rabbi and Priest » by Milton Goldsmith
- He settled in Omaha and became a leader and adviser among his people there.
- Extract from : « O Pioneers! » by Willa Cather
- From the adviser he became the ardent supporter of Mr. Gallatin.
- Extract from : « Albert Gallatin » by John Austin Stevens
- The Duc de Biron was the envoy, and Talleyrand merely his adviser.
- Extract from : « William Pitt and the Great War » by John Holland Rose
Words or expressions associated with your search
- advise against
- advising against
- advisory board
- advisory group
- advisory groups
- agricultural advisor
- ask advice of
- be advised
- chief legal advisor
- high-level advisers
- ill advised
- legal adviser
- seek advice
- small-craft advisory
- take advice
- take under advisement
- un advised
- was advised
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019