Synonyms for take counsel
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : koun-suhl|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈkaʊn səl|
Top 10 synonyms for take counsel Other synonyms for the word take counsel
- ask advice of
- be closeted with
- compare notes
- kick ideas around
- pick one's brains
- put heads together
- refer to
- seek advice
- seek opinion of
- take a meeting
- take account of
- take counsel
- talk over
- toss ideas around
- turn to
Définition of take counselOrigin :
- early 13c., from Old French counseil (10c.) "advice, counsel; deliberation, thought," from Latin consilium "plan, opinion" (see consultation). As a synonym for "lawyer," first attested late 14c.
- As in consult : verb ask, confer
- But let the men break their fast, and we shall then take counsel what to do.
- Extract from : « The White Company » by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Happily we are not called upon to take counsel of our fears.
- Extract from : « The Works of Whittier, Volume VII (of VII) » by John Greenleaf Whittier
- Now Khalid and Shakib and Mrs. Gotfry take counsel together.
- Extract from : « The Book of Khalid » by Ameen Rihani
- Neither have they teachers or advisers with whom they can take counsel in riper years.
- Extract from : « The Republic » by Plato
- I'll bide my time, and take Counsel's opinion—I'll ask Mr. Jeune.
- Extract from : « The Confessions of a Caricaturist, Vol. 1 (of 2) » by Harry Furniss
- I only ask that we should take counsel together so as to prevent the failure of your funds.
- Extract from : « Cyropaedia » by Xenophon
- If you do not like the sound of these proposals, sacrifice and take counsel of the gods.
- Extract from : « Hellenica » by Xenophon
- I will sleep over the subject and take counsel of One wiser than myself.
- Extract from : « An Orkney Maid » by Amelia Edith Huddleston Barr
- Come to the house, Captain, and let us take counsel with the dear mother.
- Extract from : « Standish of Standish » by Jane G. Austin
- At least, we may take counsel how far we can minimize this hideous scandal.
- Extract from : « The Return of Sherlock Holmes » by Arthur Conan Doyle
Antonyms for take counsel
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019