Synonyms for brainstorm
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : breyn-stawrm|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈbreɪnˌstɔrm|
Top 10 synonyms for brainstorm Other synonyms for the word brainstorm
Définition of brainstormOrigin :
- "brilliant idea, mental excitement, fit of mental application," 1849, from brain (n.) + figurative use of storm (n.). As a verb, recorded from 1920s. Related: Brainstormed; brainstorming.
- verb problem-solve
- "And then my erstwhile associate Jimenez had a brainstorm," said Terry ruefully.
- Extract from : « Creatures of the Abyss » by Murray Leinster
- Dont worry, said Harvey, Flo probably had a brainstorm and called them already.
- Extract from : « Beginners Luck » by Emily Hahn
- It may seem rude to say so, but Orangeism consists mainly of a settled hallucination and an annual brainstorm.
- Extract from : « The Open Secret of Ireland » by T. M. Kettle
- I fired up my Xbox and opened a word-processor and started to brainstorm ideas for my papers.
- Extract from : « Little Brother » by Cory Doctorow
- It had been a brainstorm selecting only girls—and pretty young things, at that—for the Interstellar Symphony.
- Extract from : « World Beyond Pluto » by C. H. Thames
Antonyms for brainstorm
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019