Synonyms for confab
|Grammar : Noun, verb|
|Spell : noun kon-fab; verb kuh n-fab, kon-fab|
|Phonetic Transcription : noun ˈkɒn fæb; verb kənˈfæb, ˈkɒn fæb|
Top 10 synonyms for confab Other synonyms for the word confab
Définition of confabOrigin :
- 1701, colloquial shortening of confabulation.
- noun conversation
- verb converse
- At 11 o'clock Birdwood and Byng came over for a confab on the last upset.
- Extract from : « Gallipoli Diary, Volume 2 » by Ian Hamilton
- I finds him in his room havin' a confab with two other plain clothes gents.
- Extract from : « Torchy and Vee » by Sewell Ford
- But Jenkins had his limitations, as came out during the confab.
- Extract from : « The Wreck of the Titan » by Morgan Robertson
- "Now for a confab," said Lewis, as his companions gathered about him.
- Extract from : « The Riflemen of the Miami » by Edward S. Ellis
- The Sioux had retired, mainly to sit dismounted in close circle, for a confab.
- Extract from : « Desert Dust » by Edwin L. Sabin
- "We shall have to go down and have a confab with them, I suppose," said Mr. Edison.
- Extract from : « Edison's Conquest of Mars » by Garrett Putnam Serviss
- Let us come up on deck and have a confab about this business.
- Extract from : « The Black Bar » by George Manville Fenn
- The confab wound up by a trip to the office of the district attorney.
- Extract from : « The Mark of Cain » by Carolyn Wells
- While the confab was going on, the dogs were having their own fun.
- Extract from : « Among the Esquimaux » by Edward S. Ellis
- I guess the big boss died, and they're holding this confab to elect a new one.
- Extract from : « The Telenizer » by Don Thompson
Antonyms for confab
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019