Synonyms for palpability
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : pal-puh-buhl|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈpæl pə bəl|
Top 10 synonyms for palpability
Définition of palpabilityOrigin :
- late 14c., "that can be touched," from Late Latin palpabilis "that may be touched or felt," from Latin palpare "touch gently, stroke" (see feel (v.)). Figurative sense of "easily perceived, evident" also is from late 14c. Related: Palpably.
- noun tangibility
- The air was so clear that it seemed almost to have assumed a palpability of its own.
- Extract from : « Down the Columbia » by Lewis R. Freeman
- Under its influence the dogmas of the Church assumed a kind of palpability.
- Extract from : « Renaissance in Italy: Italian Literature » by John Addington Symonds
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019