Synonyms for solidity
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : suh-lid-i-tee|
|Phonetic Transcription : səˈlɪd ɪ ti|
Top 10 synonyms for solidity Other synonyms for the word solidity
Définition of solidityOrigin :
- late 14c., from Middle French solidité or directly from Latin soliditatem (nominative soliditas), from solidus (see solid (adj.)).
- noun thickness
- noun soundness
- Its hardness, solidity, and actuality could not be gainsaid.
- Extract from : « The Conquest of Fear » by Basil King
- Now, it is this sense of the solidity of things that can only be uttered by the metaphor of eating.
- Extract from : « Alarms and Discursions » by G. K. Chesterton
- Also, it looked as solid as the earth, but was without any solidity at all.
- Extract from : « White Fang » by Jack London
- He went over it carefully, to assure himself of its solidity.
- Extract from : « The Flood » by Emile Zola
- He tapped the end of the boat with his foot to make sure of its solidity.
- Extract from : « Therese Raquin » by Emile Zola
- Then stillness, and solidity, and the blackness of the Pit outside the Med Ship.
- Extract from : « Pariah Planet » by Murray Leinster
- Of these works, solidity may be said to be the prominent characteristic.
- Extract from : « Recollections of Dante Gabriel Rossetti » by T. Hall Caine
- He seemed unwilling to move, as if distrustful of his own solidity.
- Extract from : « The Nigger Of The "Narcissus" » by Joseph Conrad
- Anders looked at the masses of atoms that were pretending to solidity, meaning and reason.
- Extract from : « Warm » by Robert Sheckley
- To find the solidity of a sphere: Multiply the cube of the diameter by .5236.
- Extract from : « Practical Mechanics for Boys » by J. S. Zerbe
Antonyms for solidity
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019