Synonyms for felicity
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : fi-lis-i-tee|
|Phonetic Transcription : fɪˈlɪs ɪ ti|
Top 10 synonyms for felicity Other synonyms for the word felicity
Définition of felicityOrigin :
- late 14c., from Old French felicite (14c.) "happiness," from Latin felicitatem (nominative felicitas) "happiness, fertility," from felix (genitive felicis) "happy, fortunate, fruitful, fertile," from Latin root *fe-, equivalent of PIE *dhe(i)- "to suck, suckle, produce, yield" (see fecund).
- noun happiness
- noun appropriateness
- It seemed to them as if their felicity in seeing each other could never be exhausted.
- Extract from : « The Dream » by Emile Zola
- Would to Heaven I may thus atone for the past, and secure your future felicity!
- Extract from : « Tales And Novels, Volume 8 (of 10) » by Maria Edgeworth
- It is not in the power of events to undermine the felicity of the virtuous.
- Extract from : « Imogen » by William Godwin
- Every thing around him contributed to his felicity,—for alas!
- Extract from : « Gomez Arias » by Joaqun Telesforo de Trueba y Coso
- He stood by the chair vacated by Felicity, and kept beating his hat on the back of it.
- Extract from : « The Christian » by Hall Caine
- It was a felicity of which he was the first to acknowledge his utter unworthiness.
- Extract from : « Scaramouche » by Rafael Sabatini
- There is a substantial amount of felicity in the majority of men.
- Extract from : « Literary Tours in The Highlands and Islands of Scotland » by Daniel Turner Holmes
- I am near the end of a felicity which was too great to last!
- Extract from : « The Memoires of Casanova, Complete » by Jacques Casanova de Seingalt
- There was, however, one serious drawback to the poet's felicity.
- Extract from : « Blackwoods Edinburgh Magazine, Volume 59, No. 365, March, 1846 » by Various
- Our conception of disaster outrides by far our conception of felicity.
- Extract from : « Dwellers in the Hills » by Melville Davisson Post
Antonyms for felicity
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019