Synonyms for well-being
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : wel-bee-ing|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈwɛlˈbi ɪŋ|
Top 10 synonyms for well-being Other synonyms for the word well-being
Définition of well-beingOrigin :
- 1610s, from well (adv.) + gerundive of be.
- noun good health or fortune
- noun contented state
- Guide them, I beseech you, for the sake of your own glory and their well-being.
- Extract from : « The Memoirs of Madame de Montespan, Complete » by Madame La Marquise De Montespan
- And which among the components of happiness and well-being can possibly be questionable?
- Extract from : « The Memorabilia » by Xenophon
- She saw the meanness underlying his pretended solicitation for her well-being.
- Extract from : « The Golden Woman » by Ridgwell Cullum
- Little by little Charles-Norton sank into a profundity of well-being.
- Extract from : « The Trimming of Goosie » by James Hopper
- She would die before she would imperil the well-being of her home.
- Extract from : « The History of Woman Suffrage, Volume IV » by Various
- For all well-being is the result of well-doing in time and in eternity.
- Extract from : « Gathering Jewels » by James Knowles and Matilda Darroch Knowles
- We think she has made some errors fatal to the well-being of her system.
- Extract from : « Continental Monthly , Vol. 6, No. 1, July, 1864 » by Various
- To die neglected by one's family was fatal to one's well-being in Sheol.
- Extract from : « The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria » by Morris Jastrow
- Since the first of May he had not experienced such a sense of well-being.
- Extract from : « The Nabob » by Alphonse Daudet
- Now I shall delight also to plan for her well-being and happiness.
- Extract from : « The Kentucky Ranger » by Edward T. Curnick
Antonyms for well-being
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019