Synonyms for exclude
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : ik-sklood|
|Phonetic Transcription : ɪkˈsklud|
Top 10 synonyms for exclude Other synonyms for the word exclude
- close out
- count out
- drive out
- force out
- get rid of
- keep out
- leave out
- lock out
- pass over
- put out
- refuse admittance
- rule out
- set aside
- shut out
- shut the door on
- throw out
- ward off
Définition of excludeOrigin :
- mid-14c., from Latin excludere "keep out, shut out, hinder," from ex- "out" (see ex-) + claudere "to close, shut" (see close (v.)). Related: Excluded; excluding.
- verb expel, forbid
- It is a matter of course that the one should exclude the other.
- Extract from : « The Conquest of Fear » by Basil King
- The African magician I find it very difficult to exclude from my Wigwam too.
- Extract from : « The Uncommercial Traveller » by Charles Dickens
- Let us not be supposed to exclude the intellect from a share in every highest office.
- Extract from : « A Dish Of Orts » by George MacDonald
- We cannot suppose that any one can really mean to exclude all imitation of others.
- Extract from : « Albert Durer » by T. Sturge Moore
- Now, does happiness consist in pleasures, or does it exclude them?
- Extract from : « Initiation into Philosophy » by Emile Faguet
- This has been thought by some to exclude the idea of the woman's power in the family.
- Extract from : « The Truth About Woman » by C. Gasquoine Hartley
- No catalogue of American qualities and defects can exclude the trait of individualism.
- Extract from : « The American Mind » by Bliss Perry
- This was enough, however, to exclude the person from all favour.
- Extract from : « The Memoirs of Louis XIV., His Court and The Regency, Complete » by Duc de Saint-Simon
- But all this does not exclude Fantômas as the guilty person!
- Extract from : « A Nest of Spies » by Pierre Souvestre
- After it has stood a proper time to settle, the pure honey is poured into earthen jars, tied down close to exclude the air.
- Extract from : « The Cook and Housekeeper's Complete and Universal Dictionary; Including a System of Modern Cookery, in all Its Various Branches, » by Mary Eaton
Antonyms for exclude
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019