Synonyms for crème de la crème
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : krem duh lah krem; French krem duh la krem|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈkrɛm də lɑ ˈkrɛm; French krɛm də la ˈkrɛm|
Top 10 synonyms for crème de la crème
Définition of crème de la crèmeOrigin :
- "elite, finest flower of society," 1848, from French crème de la crème, literally "the cream of the cream" (see cream (n.)).
- noun society
- It was the fashion among the creme de la creme to keep aloof from him.
- Extract from : « Endymion » by Benjamin Disraeli
- There was present the creme de la creme of the city's society.
- Extract from : « From the Ball-Room to Hell » by T. A. Faulkner
- This was the top of the madmen's organization; these three were the creme de la creme of the Normal human's real enemies.
- Extract from : « The Penal Cluster » by Ivar Jorgensen (AKA Randall Garrett)
Words or expressions associated with your search
Most wanted synonyms
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019