Synonyms for consult
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : verb kuh n-suhlt; noun kon-suhlt, kuh n-suhlt|
|Phonetic Transcription : verb kənˈsʌlt; noun ˈkɒn sʌlt, kənˈsʌlt|
Top 10 synonyms for consult Other synonyms for the word consult
- ask advice of
- be closeted with
- compare notes
- kick ideas around
- pick one's brains
- put heads together
- refer to
- seek advice
- seek opinion of
- take a meeting
- take account of
- take counsel
- talk over
- toss ideas around
- turn to
Définition of consultOrigin :
- 1520s, from Middle French consulter (16c.), from Latin consultare "consult, take the advice of," frequentative of consulere "to take counsel, meet and consider" (see consultation). Related: Consulted; consulting.
- verb ask, confer
- "If you will consult the captain, you may learn your mistake," said Robert.
- Extract from : « Brave and Bold » by Horatio Alger
- If it's blackmail, Mr. Irwin, why don't you consult the police?
- Extract from : « Within the Law » by Marvin Dana
- I should like to consult my own advocate to see what I can do.
- Extract from : « The Imaginary Invalid » by Molire
- I sent for her the next day, as soon as I could, to consult her.
- Extract from : « Tales And Novels, Volume 3 (of 10) » by Maria Edgeworth
- Consult also "the Life of Melancthon," by the author of this work, chap.
- Extract from : « Female Scripture Biographies, Vol. II » by Francis Augustus Cox
- Ill as I am, I can have no peace till I see and consult you.
- Extract from : « Night and Morning, Complete » by Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- Here the scout again halted, to consult the signs of the forest.
- Extract from : « The Last of the Mohicans » by James Fenimore Cooper
- A peer, a minister, a stranger to the county,—to come all this way to consult him!
- Extract from : « Alice, or The Mysteries, Complete » by Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- Miss Madeline consults your tastes this time; let her consult her own next.'
- Extract from : « The Life And Adventures Of Nicholas Nickleby » by Charles Dickens
- The doctor's fee is four and sixpence, and you need not consult him often.
- Extract from : « The Channings » by Mrs. Henry Wood
Antonyms for consult
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019