Synonyms for affirmatory
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : uh-fur-muh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee|
|Phonetic Transcription : əˈfɜr məˌtɔr i, -ˌtoʊr i|
Top 10 synonyms for affirmatory
Définition of affirmatory
- As in affirmative : adj being agreeable or assenting
- And, receiving an affirmatory nod from the preoccupied gambler, he went on.
- Extract from : « The Twins of Suffering Creek » by Ridgwell Cullum
- He used the Quaker poet's name as if it were an affirmatory oath.
- Extract from : « Six Girls and the Tea Room » by Marion Ames Taggart
- Patty, holding fast to affirmatory personal knowledge, retorted that the thing had been done.
- Extract from : « Hide and Seek » by Wilkie Collins
- Her face turned pale for a moment and her lips trembled, but she spoke an affirmatory word only, and waited.
- Extract from : « In Direst Peril » by David Christie Murray
- She hesitated for a second; then, with an affirmatory murmur, accepted the proffered arm.
- Extract from : « The Tidal Wave and Other Stories » by Ethel May Dell
Antonyms for affirmatory
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019